Meet the CMB Instructors:
We are a group of highly skilled Pilates personal trainers of various backgrounds, some of the best in the city. We are dedicated to challenging you in our classes and giving you the attentive private/semi-private sessions you need. We are empathic and caring, and treat your body by training the athlete within, opening the mind to greater fitness possibilities. We are a contemporary studio with a love of Pilates and a love of what it has done for us, and are eager to share this passion with you.
Owner | BASI Certified Instructor
Cameron Kotch is the Founder of CMB Pilates, LLC. She became a certified Pilates instructor through Body Arts and Science International (BASI Pilates). She holds certificates in BASI’s education courses: Comprehensive Pilates and Mat, Pilates for Injuries and Pathologies, Ultimate Advanced Pilates, and the Mentor Advanced Pilates. Cameron believes in betterment with continuing education and takes workshops, classes and courses in Pilates education. She is also a certified BootyBarre instructor, and has been teaching the barre workout since 2008. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Studies and a Masters in Cross Cultural Education. Cameron was prompted by a feel-good moment in a Pilates session with her friend and mentor, and was struck with the desire “to always feel this way”- strong, connected, grounded, and very much open and alive. Acting on that intuitive feeling she chose to pursue Pilates- and turn it into a full time passion. A San Diego native she grew up as a competitive equestrian and currently leads an active lifestyle enjoys beachwalks, surfing and snowboarding. Cameron instructs Pilates, Mat, and Barre classes, private sessions and duets.
BASI Certified Instructor
Anika Seible is a certified Pilates Instructor with Body Arts and Science International (BASI Pilates). Anika also holds a BASI Mentor Advanced Pilates certification. She has lived abroad in Australia teaching Pilates on the Gold Coast and furthering her education in Melbourne. She grew up surfing, and continues to enjoy surfing among all other outdoor activities, and is an avid golfer. Anika instructs Pilates and Mat classes, privates and duets.
Core Dynamics + Polestar Pilates Instructor
Scott also specializes in Core Dynamics Teacher Certification for former professional dancer and choreographer Michele Larsson. Scott also has a practice in craniosacral therapy, which is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system. Scott has a Bachelor of Arts in US History from San Francisco State University.
BASI Certified Instructor
Emily Hoff is a certified Pilates Instructor with Body Arts and Science International (BASI Pilates). Emily Hoff’s background is in dance, she discovered Pilates after recovering from an injury. Once recovered, she continued with Pilates and her love and passion for the practice grew. She strives to share her positive experience and this passion with her clients. Emily has been active her entire life and is driven by her own personal experience to help people recover from their injuries and resume their active lifestyle. She is currently pursuing a degree in Kinesiology at California State University San Marcos. Emily instructs Pilates and Mat classes, private sessions and duets.
BASI Certified Instructor
“My passion is improving people’s quality of life through wellness”. JayDee has been teaching almost every facet of fitness all over the world for more than 23 years. He became Pilates certified in 2004 through BASI, a world renowned Pilates educational organization. “Pilates is my favorite fitness modality because this intelligent work becomes positively reflected in every facet of your life! – from how you sit at your computer to enhancing performance during your favorite activity”. JayDee is an educator for The American Council on Exercise and Total Gym. He has been featured in 12 fitness DVDs and over 30 fitness TV shows.
Polstar Certified Instructor
Ann Samson is a certified Pilates instructor with Polestar Pilates and the Pilates Method Alliance. She also received her Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from Colorado State University. Ann came to Pilates following personal injuries from a car accident. She has worked with people of many ages and abilities and enjoys integrating knowledge from both disciplines. Ann instructs private and duet sessions.
“I always have a great workout at this studio. I have taken a lot of Pilates in both Orange County and North San Diego, and this is the hardest workout of them all. It is because of the small class sizes and the instructors attention to your body/form with verbal and hands on corrections.”Jill W.
Cancellation & Studio Policies
• A 24 hour cancellation policy always applies without exception. Trainers are subject to change without notice. Thank you for respecting our studio and our staff.
• THE MEMBERSHIP- please read carefully as rules are non negotiable. Membership is for one 30 day month cycle. Client can purchase at anytime during any month. Client is responsible for renewal. Client can opt for auto-renewal. Membership is activated at time/day of purchase. Members may take any of our scheduled classes that are included in their membership. (This membership does not include workshops) Classes are subject to space availability. Private sessions are not included in this membership- but all clients are welcome to purchase sessions separately. Cancellation policy: Same studio policy applies, class must be cancelled 24 hrs in advance or a late fee equal to the price of the class will be charged. No exceptions. Membership is non transferable. Membership is non refundable and cannot be put on hold, however may be suspended once per year.
• If you are pregnant, injured, or rehabilitating from injury, we ask that you please contact the studio first to find out what class, session, program or specific instructor will best suit you. We’re happy to help, and will work to find you the best situation. Our trainers are certified Pilates, and many specialize in rehabilitative work specific to certain parts of the body. Just ask!
• A note about our class levels:
o We aim to simplify your studio experience and your Pilates practice.
o We offer two levels – beginner/intermediate and advanced.
o Beginner classes are for clients new to Pilates.
• Advanced classes are for those who are looking to deepen their practice with faster paced, focused workouts that flow and challenge with more advanced exercises.
• If you are brand new to Pilates, welcome! We strongly suggest first timers take 3 private sessions to learn the ropes (moves, and machines). We believe in learning from each other and this translates to Pilates group class too. Surround yourself with greatness and that’s what you will achieve. We are lucky to have such great advanced clients to really raise the level of our classes. And conversely sometimes even a Pilates expert or instructor loves to revisit the basics of a beginner group class. Either way, our classes will always be a challenge, a full body workout, and you will laugh, move, your abs will burn and you will always walk out feeling better than when you walked in.
• We strongly suggest booking your classes online, but walk-ins are welcome too and you will be admitted to class if space is available. Questions about space? Call us!
• Kindly arrive several minutes prior to class to settle in, or if you’re a first time client, please allow ten minutes to sign in. Lateness is disruptive to class flow and often a safety issue. Please be on time – we want you to get the most out of your class or session.
• All sales are final and we cannot offer refunds. Please check the expiration dates of your class/appointment packages.
• Please turn cell phones to the ‘silent’ position while in the studio.
• Avoid wearing zippers + fragrances the day you visit the studio.
• No bare feet, we are a sock only studio!
*For your safety, we require a minimum of three private Equipment Class sessions to learn basic principles and exercises. Eligibility for Equipment Class determined by instructor.
649 Valley Road Solana Beach, CA 92075